Posted on June 21st, 2010 by admin |
A system doesn’t become a solution until it addresses a particular business problem. And let’s face it: IT departments and the businesses they support need solutions more than they need systems. So, what makes Citrix XenDesktop 4 a solution? There are many advantages to implementing desktop virtualization through this platform, spanning business units and functions. To get you started, though, let’s start with five:
1. Loss of control: With desktop management centralized, IT departments can do more than merely write policies: they can enforce them. Protection doesn’t have to come at the expense of flexibility, as exceptions can be made part of the rule with XenDesktop 4.
2. Digital epidemics: Viruses and other malware will have more trouble infiltrating your operation, as end-user complacency can be constrained through central management. Careless downloads that lead to infected systems become much less likely.
3. Time to change: Updates and changes can be pushed out more easily, reducing the time needed by IT desktop support resources. Further, the risk that a project doesn’t go as planned is mitigated with XenDesktop 4, resulting in a general reduction of desktop management overhead.
4. Non-standard software: Desktop support issues from non-standard software are both time-consuming and preventable. With XenDesktop 4, the effects of users who disregard IT policies around software installations can be prevented.
5. Poor performance: This is the cumulative result of the other problems that XenDesktop 4 solves. With malware kept out, non-standard software blocked and manageable images and access in place, users won’t be at the mercy of slow PCs.
Posted in Virtualization |
Tags: Tags: Citrix, customer support, desktop management, desktop support, Desktop Virtualization, malware, support, tech support, virtual desktops, virus, viruses, XenDesktop